Total Gym has introduced new products as an evolution of the brand.
Here’s a brief overview of the Total Gym Product Line.
There are specific products designed to suit the Commercial Fitness market, Medical Rehab market and the Home user.
The benefits explained:
Total Gym® FIT for Home Use
This is the entry level model built specifically for the home user.
Almost all the exercises that can be done on the Commercial Total Gym can be performed on the Total Gym FIT.
• For tall users over 188cm (6’2”) the commercial product range is recommended.
• The height of the rails is not as high but totally adequate for most users.
• The smaller footprint overall and the narrower base on the tower, could make the unit feel unstable for some users.
• The Squat stand is considerably smaller than the commercial models and because it is not telescoping, then, for those of medium to taller height would find that the biomechanics of leg work would be sub optimal.
• The pulley position for the bi-lateral cable system is limited to a fixed position.
• Pilates Kit is available
The biggest benefit of the FIT is the low price point for entry level home users, choose this model if your budget is your biggest concern.
Total Gym Heritage Series GTS is suitable for home use. Ask about availability.
Total Gym® Encompass (Formerly branded as GTS)
Total Gym ENCOMPASS is our most popular model for commercial and home applications.
Matt Black Finish. Also, still available in Silver as the Heritage GTS unit, same features as below.
• Higher tower, so rails go to 22 levels which mean more resistance for leg work and pull-ups.
• It’s easy to raise and lower the rails with hydraulic assist.
• Non slip grip Lat bars can be pivoted down to do Chin ups and pull-ups.
• Lat Bars also allow for the pulley position at any point on the Lat bars, i.e. in or out, high, medium or low to fit all size users and maximise versatility of cable force angle, which means an infinite number of positions to build muscle. A big benefit!
• Retractable Dip Bars come installed as standard.
• New Improved Rail System for longer life.
• Telescoping Squat Stand for good biomechanics for leg work, great for strength work, cardio such as plyometric exercise.
• One of the most significant features is the adjustable glideboard, which allows you to put the Glideboard horizontal. The benefits of this are that it allows for better spinal positioning in laterally seated exercises like torso rotation. You still get the benefit of incline plane body weight but your body is working from a horizontal surface. Also great for stability for those with less personal stability, such as the senior user or for more advanced exercises kneeling or standing on the glideboard. Great benefits for Pilates exercises. The adjustable glide board adds versatility and variety to your exercise program. It can also be used as a weight bench or step up bench.
All of the Total Gym commercial product line has multiple pulley position points on the front of the tower for leg pulley and arm pulley attachment.
Choose this model for a premium exercise solution, for Commercial or Home use.
The Total Gym Encompass is the centrepiece of GRAVITY Studio Applications.
GRAVITY is an exciting revenue generating concept for Fitness facilities or Studios.
This is an example of a recent GRAVITY Studio Install, to offer Classes in a Club or Studio Environment
ELEVATE Circuit, an exciting total body workout.
It’s functional, fun and suitable for all fitness levels.
From Left to Right: Adjustable Core Trainer, Press Trainer, Jump Trainer, Pull up Trainer, Adjustable Row Trainer
Our Product Specialists can advise you on selection to suit your needs.
Elevate Circuit on the Gym Floor
Elevate Circuit installed in a Gym Studio Space
Look for Chapter 2 of this series for more on the Elevate Circuit or contact us below.
Recovery Series For Medical Rehab
Total Gym® Recovery Series Power Tower
This has all the same benefits as the Encompass or GTS plus:
• The tower is taller going to 26 levels
• The main difference is that raising and lowering the rails is motorised, controlled by a switch on top of the tower or by remote control buttons in the cable handles. The benefit of this is that it is ideal as a time saver for the user, being able to change the level of the
Recovery Series Encompass is available as the Power Tower option (preferred) or the Non-Powered Encompass
rails without getting off the Total Gym. It is also great for users with limited mobility, i.e. obese or handicapped users.
• Electric power use is minimal and only required when changing the levels. Do not choose this model if your electrical supply is unreliable.
• The Recovery Series Power Tower come standard with the larger Closed Chain Platform, Retractable Dip Bars, Squat Handle Bar, and the Slide Distance Regulator.
Choose this model if seeking a premium exercise Solution with the added WOW factor of motorised incline adjustment. This is an ideal choice for the Rehab professional.
Accessories are available for Total Gym Encompass and Recovery Power Tower to enable more exercise for Strength work or for Pilates Protocols.
Total Gym LEX, Lower Extremity Trainer
Complete control for the Therapist for dynamic lower extremity work
The Recovery Series LEX builds explosive power by developing lower body muscle mass with two primary movement,the squat and the squat jump. The LEX produces both concentric and eccentric loading of the muscles– allowing users to accelerate and decelerate quickly during a squat jump in a safe and controlled manner. By supporting a percentage of the users own bodyweight with varying incline. The LEX enables a patient who cannot perform a jump to gradually progress to success. The LEX supports the spine during traditional squat exercises so that users can comfortably control the descending and ascending phases of the squat, while providing an opportunity for advanced variations including single-leg squats and staggers stance squats.
- Provides concentric and eccentric force utilising both linear bodyweight resistance (BWR) and variable band resistance (VBR).
- Four resistance bands can be engaged to allow for an additional 5 to 35 KG resistance.
- Pneumatic brake protects joints during plyometric movements.
- Angled glideboard provides comfort and support for the upper body.
- Includes links to exercise library with additional and advanced exercise options.
Total Gym Recovery Row Trainer Adjustable
The Recovery Series Row ADJ is the only rower on an incline improves muscular fitness and satisfies both cardiovascular aerobic and strength training requirements simultaneously.
Targeting all muscle groups at the same time, the Row ADJ uses bodyweight resistance and enables a smooth consistent load through the entire range of motion, due to loaded concentric and eccentric phases of the exercise.
- Users can choose between seven levels of resistance which uses 16-33% of bodyweight. Note this version does not fold for storage.
- Adjustable incline body resistance integrates strength with cardio.
- Smooth consistent load through concentric and eccentric phases.
- Built for smooth multi-planar movement.
- Low impact compression on the joints.
- Ergonomically designed seat designed for comfort and to encourage proper form.
- Easy mount and dismount.
Written By Greg Doherty
CEO of HQH Fitness
Exclusive Distributors for Total Gym in Australia New Zealand and the South Pacific.
Contact us on the form below.
We can provide specifications sheets for any of the products discussed above.