Triple A Salad
Triple “A” is such a great Autumn salad to boost the immune system and metabolism, full of good fats and much more!
Avocado is rich in Vitamin C, a powerful antioxidant, helps to lower cholesterol, helps to protect the liver and does wonders to support your skin.
Asparagus is bursting with goodness such as Iron, Magnesium and Zinc, and a very good source of Dietary Fiber, Protein, Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin E (Alpha Tocopherol), Vitamin K, Thiamin, Riboflavin, Niacin, Folate, Phosphorus, Potassium, Copper, Manganese and Selenium.
Artichokes are a good source of Vitamin C, Magnesium, Phosphorus and Potassium, and a very good source of Dietary Fiber, Vitamin K, Riboflavin, Folate and Manganese.
- 2 bunches of Asparagus
- 1 large Avocado – diced
- 2 medium sized fresh Artichokes – prepared by peeling back the outer leaves and boiling until tender. Refresh with ice cold water and put to one side.
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 tsp Organic Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper
- Steam and refresh asparagus and cut on an angle in half.
- Prepare, cook and quarter artichoke if using fresh.
- Combine the olive oil lemon juice and seasoning together.
- Combine asparagus, avocado and artichokes together in a bowl and fold in the dressing
- Serve on a platter.
Jo Rushton is a professional chef, CHEK Holistic Lifestyle Coach Level 3 and CHEK Exercise Coach. She offers a multidimensional approach to health, fitness and wellbeing, combining her skills and knowledge from the CHEK Program, and combining it with her own wisdom and truth that has evolved over a decade of searching for health, empowerment and inner peace.